IARA’s Certified Automotive Remarketer Program: CAR-11
UNIT: Actual Sale Activities
COURSE: CAR-11 Dealer/Auction Selection
The CAR candidate must be able to:
• Recall and describe actual sales activities including dealer and auction selection, promotion, branding and certification as well as the impact each has in the remarketing process.
• Identify and describe how floor prices are established, if-bids are analyzed, and vehicle value is ascertained.
• Recognize the value of vehicle representation/auctioneer in maximizing resale values as well as the decision criteria related to vehicle pooling vs. weekly selling.
• Define, recognize and knowledgeably describe industry guidebooks, their purpose, what they cover, how they are derived, and how the information is utilized.
Upon completion of this course, the CAR Candidate will be able to explain and describe the decision factors and the process involved when a remarketer selects a vehicle auction.
At the completion of this module, participants will be able to:
• Explain the process for selecting a vehicle auction.
• Define the benchmarks for auction performance.
• Describe the various activities to be analyzed and agreed upon in the auctioning process.
Return to CAR Program Overview