IARA’s Certified Automotive Remarketer Program: CAR-13
UNIT: Actual Sale Activities
COURSE: CAR-13 Guidebooks and Pricing
Overall Module Purpose
The CAR candidate must be able to:
• Recall and describe actual sales activities including dealer and auction selection, promotion, branding and certification, as well as the impact each has in the remarketing process.
• Identify and describe how floor prices are established, if-bids are analyzed, and vehicle value is ascertained.
• Recognize the value of vehicle representation/auctioneer in maximizing resale values as well as the decision criteria related to vehicle pooling vs. weekly selling.
• Define, recognize and be able to knowledgeably describe industry guidebooks, their purpose, what they cover, how they are derived and how the information is utilized.
• To ensure that the student has a thorough understanding of:
The processes utilized by each of the primary guidebooks to determine vehicle values.
• How guidebook statistics can be used to determine vehicle values and market performance.
• How floor pricing is established.
At the completion of this module, participants will be able to:
• Name each of the primary guidebook suppliers.
• Explain the data acquisition methods of the major guidebooks.
• Describe how book values are used for evaluation purposes.
• Explain the factors that influence market value.
• Identify the benefits of incorporating these factors into floor pricing decisions.
• Describe the impact of incorrect floor pricing on overall success in the auction lane.
Return to CAR Program Overview