IARA’s Certified Automotive Remarketer (CAR) Program: CAR-5
UNIT: Pre-sale Activities
COURSE: CAR-5 Verification/Condition Reporting/Inspection Transportation/Grounding
Overall Module Purpose
The CAR candidate must be able to:
• Recognize, explain and describe each of the pre-sale activities including, but not limited to, verification, transportation, grounding, and reconditioning.
• Identify and the basic elements of the inspection process and describe the value of a quality inspection report to facilitate various remarketing sales processes.
• Recognize and describe the end-of-term process for leased vehicles.
Identify and describe services surrounding pre-sale activities, such as marketing, finance, warranty and vehicle history reporting.
• Recognize and explain the unique elements surrounding repossession processes.
• Recognize IARA-adopted industry benchmarks associated with pre-sale activities and describe measurable, meaningful benchmarks and the parameters that influence their performance.
This course will provide the student with a thorough understanding of the identification, documentation, acquisition and transportation process involved in the pre-sale activity.
At the completion of this course, the CAR candidate will be able to:
• Describe the methods and processes required to locate and take custody of a vehicle from the lessee.
• Explain and/or describe elements of the condition reporting and inspection process, including:
1. The purpose of the condition reporting process.
2. Identify and describe the components of a quality inspection.
3. Describe the differences between wholesale and retail inspection reports.
4. Explain the factors affecting the cost of an inspection report.
5. Explain the value of a condition report as it relates to the remarketing process.
6. Recognize and describe the factors affecting the condition grade of a vehicle.
• Describe the documentation necessary to support the acquisition process.
• Identify transportation options and processes.
• Describe auction arrival processes and documentation.
• Explain the pre-auction sale documentation process.
Return to CAR Program Overview