IARA Executive Director
1. Our Annual Summer Roundtable is just around the corner. Make plans now to attend August 10-11, Denver, Colorado, at the Hyatt Regency Convention Center. Our theme will be technology and will feature an Apple I-Pad demo; a five year forecast by online platform systems specialists moderated by Bob Graham, ARI; and an exciting a keynote presentation by technology expert, Scott Klososky, on the impact of social media on today’s businesses.
2. Moderators for the panels include: Bob Graham, ARI; Brent Huisman, Santander Consumer USA; Mike Lasini, Manheim, TRA; Rob Wagner, Hyundai; Kevin Brown, Missouri Auto Auction; Dan Heinrich, AmeriCredit; and Les Lynott, Emkay.
3. Our Awards Luncheon keynote speaker will be Tom Kontos, ADESA, who will present the latest economic view of the remarketing industry. Tom is a well known remarketing veteran and will provide insights as to where the market is headed.
4. The IARA room rate at the Hyatt Regency Downtown is $165 and details are on our website at www.iara.biz. Please register now to get this low rate.
5. A big welcome to our recent new members: Bank of America; Flexco Fleet Services; Greater Erie Auto Auction; Innovative Funding Services (IFS); and Synergy Transport. Thank you all.
6. The IARA Standards Committee, chaired by Dan Heinrich, has completed and forwarded to the NAAA, a survey of IARA Consignor members on their Vehicle Certification Programs. IARA and NAAA are exploring the possibility of standardizing Consignor Certification Programs. Please contact Dan or myself if you would like to serve on this committee.
7. Fast progress is being made by several members on the testing for the IARA Certified Automotive Remarketer designation. We may have a half dozen or more reach full certification status by the August Roundtable meeting. Jim Jackson, ARI, has become the fifth remarketer to successfully pass all twenty examinations. Congratulations to Jim. Well done.
8. Join us in Denver, August 10-11, for the best remarketing educational venue in the industry. There will also be a first night evening event sponsored by ServNet at the Denver Art Museum featuring the King Tut Exhibit. Looking forward to seeing everyone again for another great event. Everyone who registers for the Roundtable not later than July 30th will be entered in a drawing for an Apple I-Pad. You must attend the Roundtable to be eligible.
Best personal regards,
International Automotive Remarketers Alliance