IARA Executive Director
Best wishes and thanks for the continued strong support from our members. The IARA continues to grow with several industry initiatives underway. A recap of recent IARA happenings and events are as follows:
1. Since our spring newsletter, the IARA has been involved in a number of activities, but probably none more important than working closely with the NAAA on finalizing the Vehicle Certification Standardization initiative. This effort took several months and involved many participants to try to condense over thirty different consignor vehicle certification program into one. Well done. The IARA and NAAA are also exploring ways to work closer together on other industry projects.
2. The IARA Summer Roundtable in August at the Denver Hyatt was our best ever attended meeting. Thanks to our committee volunteers we had a very strong program content and thanks to our sponsors the meeting was a success. Bob Graham, ARI, anchored the final meeting session with a panel of technology experts taking a five year look into the future. Brent Huisman, Santander, moderated a panel of auction general managers discussing best practices. Les Lynott, Emkay, moderated the always popular dealer panel to discuss what the buyers are seeing in the market.The first Roundtable session on Streamlining the Title Process in the repossession channel was facilitated by Mike Lasini, Manheim-TRA. The second Roundtable session on Standardizing Vehicle Certification Programs was facilitated by Dan Heinrich, Americredit, Rob Wagner, Hyundai, and Kevin Brown, Missouri Auto Auction.
3. The IARA presented its Special Recognition Award to Dan Heinrich, Americredit, for his long time work with the charity Ronald McDonald’s House in Texas. Dan has served in many capacities with the charity over the years. Well deserved and congratulations again.
4. Several remarketers were recognized at the Denver meeting for recently completing the IARA CAR Certification Program. Recognized were: Remarketers from Emkay— Les Lynott; Mona Spoon; John Elizaga; David Thomson. Remarketers from ARI—Jim Jackson; Steve Johnson; Jennifer Schade; Scott Braidwood; Brian McBrearty; Dave Seher. Jill Tarallo, OVE. Congratulations. Well done.The IARA is also currently engaged in a project to review and upgrade all of the IARA Certification Courses.
5. Two new IARA Vice Presidents were announced at the Denver meeting. Les Lynott, Emkay, and Rob Wagner, Hyundai. New Board of Directors are: Jeannie Chiaromonte, Bank of America; Mike Kreider, Credit Acceptance; Jason Hockett, Auction Broadcasting Company.
6. The IARA is in the process of refreshing the website with new graphics and navigation. We expect to have this completed prior the CAR2011 Conference next March. Any suggestions are appreciated.
7. New members that have joined recently include General Motors; Remarketing of America; Kelley Auto Auction; Greater Kalamazoo Auto Auction; Southwest Business Corporation; Byrider Sales of Indiana.
8. The IARA Spring meeting will be held March 9th in Las Vegas in conjunction with CAR 2011. Please mark your calendars now to attend.
The Alliance continues to address industry issues and appreciates input from members anytime about items you would like to see the Alliance address. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Las Vegas. Have a safe winter season.
Best personal regards,
International Automotive Remarketers Alliance